Our Solutions → Document Management
The facts from Gartner:
- Over 60% of all companies still process, store and retrieve documents manually.
- 80% to 95% of enterprise information is located within paper and electronic documents.
- 25% of enterprise documents are misplaced and will never be located.
- 30% of Gartner Group clients store more than 50% of their documents on local hard drives or floppy disks.
What’s wrong with Paper?
- It’s relatively expensive.
- It’s dumb: data cannot be ‘mined’ or searched for business intelligence.
- It’s slow: you print it, post it, someone opens it, routes to someone else that pushes ?it around a desk for a week and finally decides to process, file or bin it.
- It’s inefficient: normally its contents require re-keying and those who need it can’t easily find and share it.
- It creates business process bottlenecks – a key business growth inhibitor
Gartner concludes that document mismanagement claims:
- 40% to 60% of office workers’ time
- 20% to 45% of labor costs
- 12% to 15% of corporate revenue
So how do you get your organization’s documents and document processes under control? VCI offer consultation and approach the following ways to deliver an effective documentation and tracking:
Phase 1: Investigation and discovery
Phase 2: Evaluate what it’s worth
Phase 3: Scope out a solution
Phase 4: Implementation